Tom Arild Johansen
Tom Arild Johansen
My name is Tom Arild Johansen aka Ihizahg, and I'm a musician from Norway. I play in the almighty Ragnarok, and we are currently working on new material for our upcoming and 10th album. We are on Agonia records.
I play ESP/LTD exclusively, using No Logo Pics and GHS guitar strings.
- PERISHED was my first serious band and also one of the early bands in the Norwegian Blackmetalscene formed in 1991, and have received a status as a cultband through the years.
- BLOODTHORN was formed as a atmospheric doomy blackmetal band back in 1992, and ended as brutal Deathmetal. A lineup consisting of members from Perished and Agressor (Fr).
- MAELSTRÖM was formed in 2000 to blow life into oldschool deathmetal. With members from Bloodthorn, Perished, Atrox and Bethzaida.
- WURDULAK was a studioproject we put together with Maniac (Mayhem), Killjoy (Necrophagia), Iscariah (Immortal), Jehmod (Perished, Bloodthorn), Frediablo (Grimfist, Necrophagia) and Fug (Necrophagia).
- HELLSTORM was formed in 1997 by Amok (Infant death), Vargon (Cor Scorpi, Celebratum) and Elden (Einherjer) and me. Ugly blackmetal with a touch of humor…
- MAYHEM. I was asked to join as a sessionmember in 2004. I played live with them to 2006 when I left to concentrate on Bloodthorn.
- IMAGES AT TWILIGHT is a band put together of members from Ragnarok, Blood red throne, Gromth, Limbonic art, Bloodthorn and Asmegin. Orchestral atmospheric black metal.
With this acts I have toured and shared stage with bands like Vader, Morbid Angel, Carpathian forest, Hate, Exodus, Keep of kalessin, Immortal, Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir, Kampfar, Nightrage, Funeral, Emperor, Zyklon, Myrkskog, and many more. Of the festivals I have done, I will mention Inferno festival (NO), Night into day (UK), Hole in the sky (NO), Wacken open air (GR), Agglutination Metal Festival (IT) as some of the highlights.
- RAGNAROK is preparing new material and rehearsing a new live set. We have already started booking of Festivals and gigs, but as many others, we are patiently waiting for Covid to allow gigs and tours again. It will be a fierce “comeback” after almost 2 years of waiting!!
- MASTER OBSCURE is a project I have together with Balfori, the founder of 1349. We work on material for our first album. Melodic atmospheric brutal black metal without synth. This will be nothing but majestic!